Sage Salt R8 Fly Rod
While saltwater locales often move slower, the fishing is faster, the pressure more intense and the variables more variable. From wind, weather and tides to spooky fish, seasonal migrations and salty guides, it’s a different game with a different set of rules in venues that range from tournaments and Grand Slam flats to legendary bonefish lodges and hushed redfish beaches. The shots are fewer, the stakes are higher and seconds matter in sight fishing. By the third false cast, your time—at least for that fish—has passed.
With the new R8 graphite, adding 25% more strength-per weight was the easy part—a simple function of material advancement—but one that also increased the fight in the rod even down to our six-weight. Sage increased the pure pulling power without the need to add more material, fillers or reinforcement. The outcome is simple, providing the ability for faster landing times and reducing fish stress and catch and-release pressure on ever so delicate ecosystem.
- 25% Greater Strength Per Rod - Greater Pulling power equals more fight for faster landing and less stress on delicate ecosystems
- Enhanced Durability - Enhanced toughness withstands more rugged situations and demands of remote trave
- Saltwater Specific Guide Set - Fuji K-guides resist corrosion, while angled shape prevents snags and tangling in the chaos of the fight. Oversized chrome snake guides and tip-top allow larger slatwater knots to pass with ease.
- Heavy-Duty Reel Seat - Built for enhanced contact and confidence, heavy-duty reel seat and oversized locking rings keep reel tight to the rod for greater contact, rigidity, and a more dirrect connection when fighting powerful high-stakes fish
- Revolution 8 Graphite Technology
- Tempest Blue blank color
- Aluminum Rod Tube with Sage Medallion