G Loomis NRX+ (SF) Swim Fly Rod
With enticing baitfish motion, multi-point articulated “swim flies” rapidly became an essential pattern in any serious bass angler’s box. Unfortunately, this massive innovation in streamer design outpaced the hardware used to deliver the goods.
Early adopters – like G. Loomis Elite Ambassador/Product Advisor, Mike Schultz - quickly realized repurposed saltwater sticks were not the solution for tucking accurate casts under obstacles or properly animating flies on retrieve.
The need was clear: develop a quick-loading action for accurately punching flies into tricky cover that also transmits every twitch, bump, and slide directly to the fly for precise swimming action on the strip. Rolled with our most advanced compound taper construction to date, NRX+ SF provides power, finesse, and sensitivity over the broadest range of casting distances and styles. Built to Schultz’s specifications, these ultra-versatile tools are designed from the ground up to crush variables and maximize angler performance on the water.
Dynamic Recovery Technology
- Mega Modulus+ matrix is 15% lighter than original NRX, improving overall balance and feel, and limits casting fatigue
- Smooth, rapid recovery, allowing casters to develop stable loops with less effort
- GL8 resin possesses the same strength and impact resistance as past resin systems with less material. This reduces overall weight, and ultimately, limits fatigue
- Dynamic Recovery Technology
- Recoil snake guides
- TitaniumSiC stripper guides
- Full wells, AAA grade cork grip
- Custom aluminum reel seat with fighting butt
- Handcrafted in Woodland Washington