Orvis Battenkill Disc Reels
There has been a long and historically successful line of Battenkill reels through Orvis history. Simple, trouble free, and easily accessible in price-the ultimate in function and simplicity throughout the years. Welcome to the powerful, technologically advanced, and yet still accessible new generation of Battenkill reels. This latest Battenkill Disc version is true to its heritage in looks and performance, but updated with the latest in design improvements and a significantly more powerful drag. The porting and finish pay unmistakable homage to the Battenkills of the past, but this reel incorporates our best-selling mid-arbor design. Underneath that mid arbor is the same sealed drag system found in the Hydros SL incorporating six interacting carbon and stainless drag surfaces. Positive click drag is simple and easy to adjust. The reel is built of 6061-T6 aircraft aluminum with an ergonomic Delrin handle and changing from left to right hand retrieve is simple. In black nickel. Imported.
- NEW generation of Battenkill Disc Reels!
- NEW mid-arbor design
- Technically superior sealed-drag based on the Hydros
- Ported jewel finish
- Battle-tested performance, remarkably accessible price
In sizes I through IV
- Battenkill Disc I for line weights 1-3, 4.4 oz., 2¾" diameter
- Battenkill Disc II for line weights 3-5, 4.6 oz., 3" diameter
- Battenkill Disc III for line weights 5-7, 4.9 oz., 3¼" diameter
- Battenkill Disc IV for line weights 7-9, 5.9 oz., 3½" diameter
Ratings & Reviews
I enjoy using classic-looking reels on my trout setups. These Battenkill Disk reels definitely have that look, but under the hood it offers a sealed drag system based off of the incredible Hydros SL drag. Best of both worlds at a very affordable price!